Are you looking for a way to connect with your site visitors, build longer-lasting relationships, and convert them into customers?In that case, you should invest time in email marketing.But before you start, you'll need to choose from the best email marketing providers.
In this article, we'll compare leading email marketing service providers to make your email campaign efforts a breeze.
Since this post is full of tons of useful information, we've created a table of contents so you can jump to the section you're interested in:
- What is an email marketing service?
- Why start with email marketing?
- What to Look for in the Best Email Marketing Services
- The best email marketing services ranked and reviewed
- Constant Contact
- ConvertKit Property
- GetResponse Method
- Campaign Monitor
- MailerLite Property
- Conclusion: Choosing the Best Email Marketing Services
What is an email marketing service?
Wondering how I can send emails in bulk?The answer is with an email marketing service.
An email marketing service is software that allows you to send messages from yourself or your company to potential customers and current customers, with the ultimate goal (for the most part) of increasing your revenue.
Simply put, you send marketing emails with it.Email marketing tools help you promote your services or products via email – just one segment of internet and digital marketing.
While a lead generation module helps you collect emails and generate more leads, an email marketing tool helps you get your message directly into those people's inboxes.
So, now that we've answered the question of how to send marketing emails, let's now see why email marketing is so important.
Why start with email marketing?
Since over 70% of website visitors abandon your website and never return, small businesses looking to grow should definitely get into email marketing.Email campaigns are a great way to stay in touch with site visitors once they've left your website.
Here are some other benefits of email marketing:
- Increase sales: Email campaigns are the perfect way to get people to visit your website and buy.In addition, email is known to have outperformed both organic and social search traffic.
- Increase repeat visits: 96% of people who visit your website aren't ready to buy on their first visit.But if you can convince them to sign up before their departure, you have another chance to encourage them to come back and make a purchase.
- Build a loyal following: Repeating your website visitors are more likely to convert than first-time visitors.That's why campaigning with those who have already visited your site and getting them to come back helps you build a larger following.
- Save money: Email has one of the highest ROI of any marketing strategy.In fact, according to the DMA, for every $1 spent on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $32.
Be sure to check out our super helpful post on how to grow your email list.
What to Look for in the Best Email Marketing Services
Choosing the best email service for your small business takes a while.It can also be overwhelming if you don't know what to look for.
After all, what works for a business when it comes to sending bulk emails may not necessarily work for yours.
To help you out, we've rounded up the best things to look for when choosing an email marketing provider:
- Ease of use: As in most things, the email marketing software you choose should be easy to use and integrate with your form builder seamlessly.
- Email automation: By using an autoresponder, your email service provider (ESP) should automate the sending of email campaigns.The phrase "Set and forget" should be applied.
- Reporting: Being able to track the success of your campaigns is a must.After all, you'll want to make sure the campaigns you're sending are working.And if they're not, you'll need to pinpoint where you can make improvements.
- Price: Everything you use to help your business grow must meet your budget needs.
So, now that you know what to look for, let's run an email marketing software comparison to see which one is best for your small business.
What are the best email marketing services?
Ask yourself what are the best email marketing tools?Here are our top picks.
1. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing service providers for small businesses.In fact, it makes sense why it's on this list of the best email platforms since it's one of the fastest growing services out there, especially since it's so easy to use.It's great for any business, whether you're a solopreneur with a membership website or a local bank hoping to promote a financial product.
It is also the email service provider built into the WPForms plugin.You can easily add a Constant Contact checkbox to any WordPress form on your site.
Choose from over 100 pre-made email templates, use the built-in drag-and-drop editor, and collect and manage email lists from across your website, mobile, and even social media, all with just a few clicks.
Plus, enjoy these top-notch features when using Constant Contact:
- Upload your email list from places like Excel, Gmail and Outlook for easy list management
- Use the built-in heat tracking tool to see where people click
- Automatically send personalized emails
- Segment lists based on the content people click on so you get more out of what they want
- Track cancellations, bounces, and inactive emails
- Monitor email campaign activity to make better data-driven decisions
- Stellar chat and phone, email, and discussion forum support
- A useful blog with inspiration for B2B email design and more
Constant Contact has a 60-day free trial and does not require a credit card to use.
After that, plans start at $20/month.
Get started with Constant Contact today
Are you thinking of starting a site or do you want to make it easier to edit yours?Check out our guide to choosing the best website builder for small businesses.
Sendinblue is a powerful email service provider that wants to empower businesses to build better relationships through marketing campaigns and email automation.It is an email and SMS marketing software.It gives you the tools you need to promote your brand, while remaining user-friendly and simple to use.
To create custom emails all you have to do is use the built-in drag and drop builder.You can also create custom contact fields and access the HTML editor.Also, use one of the free responsive templates to create a beautiful newsletter for your subscribers that works on all mobile devices.
If you're looking for more features, here are all the advanced features Sendinblue has to offer:
- 8 automation workflows so people receive the right emails at the right time
- Identify the best time to send emails to each subscriber and automate campaigns
- Optimize campaigns using detailed reports, heat map tools, real-time statistics, and A/B testing
- Send emails via SMS with just a few clicks
- Rank leads and email prospects based on lead scoring feature
- Send personalized transactional emails and personalized emails
- Access a built-in live chat software
Do a price comparison of email marketing services and look for one with free email accounts?Sendinblue has a free plan that includes unlimited storage for contacts and 300 emails/day.
After that, plans start at around $22 per month.
Get started with Sendinblue today
This beginner-friendly service works perfectly with WPForms.And it only takes a few simple steps to set up on your WordPress website.
There are many integration add-ons, such as WooCommerce, which makes it easy to run your business.
Plus, you can send text messages, view Facebook ads, and more using the customer's automated workflow.
Here are some of the most important features of Drip:
- Segment email lists based on site visitor behavior
- Personalized messages to increase open and click rates
- Create custom conversion reports
- Track the number of eBook downloads, subscriptions, quote requests, and more for measurable data
- Track conversion rates to make sure you make money online
- View the 10 reports integrated into the WordPress dashboard and export statistics
You can use Drip for free if you have 100 subscribers or less.
After that, plans start at $49/month for up to 2500 subscribers.
Get started today con Drip
4. ConvertKit Property
ConvertKit is a great email service provider for bloggers, writers, digital marketers, and publishers of all kinds.Try to make email marketing easy to understand and use, regardless of your overall goals.
For example, use custom templates to create sign-up forms, pop-up forms, course enrollments, or landing pages.These modules are GDPR compliant, have lead magnet delivery capabilities, and even custom fields.Also, allow users to double their participation in your email list when they receive a master magnet to reduce spam and increase delivery rates.
Are you a writer or an author?Check out this great list of the best themes for writers on WordPress.
Here's more of what you can expect from ConvertKit:
- Create powerful, automated funnels and customize a subscriber's journey based on their actions
- Segment your lists and send targeted content to increase conversions with personalized emails
- Distribute new blog posts to subscribers once content is published
- Send simple text emails for a personal touch and to prevent landing in a spam folder
- A homepage dashboard with a simple user interface
- A drag-and-drop sequence builder to create custom automated emails
You can sign up for a 14-day free trial with ConvertKit to make sure it's the email service provider for you.
After that, plans start at $29 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
Get started with ConvertKit today
AWeber is a top-notch email marketing service that has all the tools you need to generate leads, build a bigger email list, and grow your business.
Connect your WordPress website and WPForms form builder plugin to AWeber with a few simple clicks.From there, access pre-designed email templates and drag and drop builder to easily create targeted campaigns.
Set up automated email sequences to drive new product launches, new blog content, or this year's biggest sales to engage people with your site's content.
Plus, access features like:
- Tags to organize emails by opens and clicks
- Targeted messages based on email activity and interests
- Divide tests by things like subject, sending times, and email content
- Track data such as delivery rates and performance
- Send as many emails as you want; there are no limits
- Automatically send new blog posts to subscribers
- Access thousands of royalty-free stock images
Take advantage of the 30-day free trial to make sure they have the tools they need to grow your business and email list.
After the free trial, plans start at $19/month.
Get started with AWeber today
6. GetResponse Method
GetResponse is a very popular email marketing tool that is extremely easy to use and is perfect for beginners.Plus, it integrates with WPForms contact forms to help you build a bigger email list.
With an intuitive interface that's both modern and beautiful, GetResponse simplifies email marketing for small business owners with no prior experience.
It comes with a drag-and-drop generator, which makes creating email campaigns a breeze.It also gives you the ability to segment lists and allows you to send content to specific groups.This way the right people receive your message and have a chance to convert.
GetResponse also allows you to:
- Automate your marketing efforts based on user behavior
- Create custom emails with cart abandonment templates
- Create and host webinars on your website
- Add tags to organize email campaigns and track subscriber habits and preferences
- A/B testing campaigns to make sure they're producing results
- Create landing pages to increase conversions and generate sales
- Integration with popular lead generation software and marketing automation tools such as OptinMonster, Salesforce, and Google Docs
You can sign up for a 30-day free trial to see how things work and decide if this solution is right for your small startup.
After the free trial, GetResponse's plans start at $15 per month.
Get started with GetResponse today
7. campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is a powerful email marketing service that comes with a drag-and-drop generator, so email marketing isn't difficult.
Choose from hundreds of predefined templates so you can create custom email campaigns that are marked to fit your business, encourage people to convert, and keep repeat visitors engaged with your site's content.Alternatively, create a Campaign Monitor sign-up form in WordPress in minutes using WPForms.
With CampaignMonitor, you can take advantage of features such as:
- List segmentation and automated email newsletters based on user interest and behavior
- Track subscriber activity: active, inactive, and unsubscribed
- Control opens, clicks, shares, and bounces so you can make improvements
- A/B test images, subject lines, and more to find out what subscribers like best
- Integrate with hundreds of pre-built apps and connect to things like your CRM or ecommerce platform
If you're just starting out, Campaign Monitor has a simple plan that starts at $9/month, comes with up to 2,500 subscribers, and all the basic features.
Keep in mind that you can create a free account, but only for up to 5 subscribers.
Get started with Campaign Monitor today
Mailchimp is one of the best email marketing services around.It comes with many built-in features that allow you to collect and manage the email addresses of site visitors.And it all starts by easily adding a Mailchimp signup checkbox to your site's forms.
Whether you're a blogger, an ecommerce store owner, or a trading company, Mailchimp makes it easy to link your site.In addition, you can take advantage of Facebook's landing page, email campaign, sign-up form, and ad templates.This way you can reach the widest possible audience.
In addition, Mailchimp makes it easy for you to provide data so you can see what works and what doesn't. View all your data in one place, get real-time statistics, and track your email's ROI with detailed revenue reports.
Check out Mailchimp's other great features:
- Integrate with hundreds of other apps and tools you need to run your business, like Salesforce, Zapier, and even Freshbooks
- Use with popular eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Magento, and Shopify
- Segment contacts into groups for targeted email sending
- Use merge tags to personalize emails
- Use their landing page builder to grow your email list
- Schedule email delivery times based on user locations to increase click-through rates
- Create automated emails based on user behavior using auto-reply
One of the best things about Mailchimp is its convenience if you're doing a price comparison of email marketing tools.You can get a free email service and even build an email list with up to 2,000 subscribers before you have to pay.
When you reach the limit of 2000 subscribers, plans start at $10/month.
Get started with Mailchimp today
9. MailerLite Property
MailerLite is an advanced email marketing software that uses the latest technology to help you grow your business.But it also makes it user-friendly enough that anyone can use it.It comes with a drag-and-drop email builder, the ability to create popups and landing pages, and easy integration with WordPress.
With MailerLite, you don't need to have any coding knowledge.All you have to do is use the free newsletter templates to get started.You can generate leads using custom forms embedded in your WordPress site.It also enables the unique double opt-in feature to ensure subscriber consent and reduce spam.
And to top it off, you can create a custom MailerLite signup form in WordPress with WPForms and our Zapier add-on.
MailerLite also includes these additional features:
- Responsive design so users on the go can see forms, landing pages, and email campaigns
- Personalized emails based on time zones, segmentation, and tags
- Split email tests to find out what works and what doesn't
- Click tracking to get insights, detailed reports to track success, and geolocation tracking
- Simple management interface to add, filter, and organize contact information
- Automated email newsletters whenever new blog content is published
MailerLite is free for marketers who have fewer than 1,000 subscribers and send fewer than 12,000 emails per month.
After that, paid plans start at $10 per month and increase as the number of subscribers increases.
Get started with MailerLite today
Conclusion: Choosing the Best Email Marketing Services
What is overall the best email marketing service?It depends on your needs…
The Best Global Email Marketing Service for Beginners
If you are a complete beginner who has just started with mass email marketing services, Constant Contact is the best email marketing tool provider for you.It comes with an impressive 60-day free trial so you can be sure it's the right solution and is already integrated with WPForms.
Best Email Marketing Service for Ecommerce If you're an eCommerce store owner looking to promote your brand and increase sales (or thinking about adding a store to your site in the future), Drip will be a better and more powerful option for you.
Create custom conversion reports so you can track your personalized progress with one of the best email marketing services available.Send emails based on user behavior like abandoned carts and novice users, and automate everything so you can focus on other parts of your business.
Best Free Email Marketing Service
Finally, if you're looking for a cost-effective email marketing solution that comes with lead generation and SMS marketing features, Sendinblue is your best choice.
Frequently asked questions about email marketing services
Before concluding, we wanted to answer some of the most common questions we have about choosing an email marketing provider.
Which is better: Mailchimp or constant contact?
A lot is asked of us.In our experience, Constant Contact's email marketing is superior in almost every way.They don't charge you for the unsubscribed email address.Constant Contact offers more advanced automations.And unlike Mailchimp, Constant Contact has stellar support available for ALL plans via phone, email, and live chat.
Mailchimp is popular because it has a free plan, but Sendinblue actually offers a much more generous free plan to get you started.
Is email marketing still effective?
Yes, 100%.Email marketing is the best way to stay in touch with your website visitors and turn them into loyal customers.Check out these amazing email marketing statistics that you should definitely know.
What is the success rate of email marketing?
Email marketing produces an average of $44 for every $1 spent, an ROI of 4400%.
How can I get better email open rates?
So, make sure the subject lines are interesting enough to entice subscribers to click on them.
Should I use a provider that is not on this list of email marketing services?
Ultimately, the tool you choose for business email should be the one that works best for you and your small business.
We advise you not to choose a provider based solely on catchy names, a large social media presence, or if it seems convenient because they used an advertising company to claim that they offer the cheapest email marketing services.
You may have heard of another email marketing software not featured in this post (there are tons out there).
We are familiar with and have tried all the top email marketing tools out there including tools like Moosend, MailGet, ActiveCampaign, Wishpond, HubSpot, Ontraport, MailJet, Campaign Monitor, Benchmark Email, Infusionsoft (now known as Keap), Mad Mimi, Klaviyo, Zoho Mail Campaigns, Redcappi, Marketo, Emarsys, Vero, SendBlaster, Eloqua, Bronto, Pardot by Salesforce, Sendloop, iContact, Emma, TotalSend, SharpSpring, Adestra, MailPoet and others.
The email marketing tools featured in this post ended up here because they offer the best features at the best price.Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive guide to help you grow your email marketing campaigns and online businesses.
What are the types of email marketing?
In general, there are 13 different types of email marketing emails you can send to your customers:
- Welcome Email
- Offer Email
- Email survey
- Request email
- Newsletter Email
- Free gift email
- Valuable email
- We are hiring email
- New Product Email
- Reorder email
- Announcement Email
- Anniversary Email
As you can see, an effective email marketing campaign uses a mix of emails that purely help the customer and the promotional email that sells to the customer.Check out this post from our sibling site's blog about the different types of emails to send your email list for more details and examples on each type.
What is an email marketing specialist and do I need it?
An email marketing specialist is someone who can help write emails, create workflows, drive traffic, get conversions, help with partnership marketing, monitor email campaigns, build relationships, and more.
This may seem like a lot of work.But if you are a small or medium-sized business, don't worry!You can be your own email marketing specialist with the help of the amazing email marketing providers featured in this post. They're really that intuitive and easy to use, and marketing automation will go a long way.
Pro tip: Build your email list fast!
Once you've decided which professional email marketing software is the best option for you, you'll want to start building your email list right away.
We recommend WPForms.Not only is it simple enough for beginners to use, but it also includes powerful and unique features designed to help you quickly turn site visitors into subscribers.
WPForms integrates seamlessly with all of the best email marketing programs above, facilitating your lead generation efforts.
Plus, it comes with over 100 predefined templates, advanced form fields so you can gather all the information from your desired site visitors, and smart conditional logic to save your time.
And the best part is that you don't have to have any coding skills since WPForms comes with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop form builder with an intuitive user interface that gives you the power to create an email signup form in less than 5 minutes.
We hope this comparison of the best email marketing services will help you decide which solution is best for you.
If you'd like more information on how to improve form conversions, be sure to read this article outlining search-based tips for improving contact form conversions.
So, what are you waiting for?Get started today with the most powerful WordPress form plugin.